Rahul and his team have created game features for High 5-ers favorite games such as: CHICAGO The Musical, Empress of Time, Rocket Man, Sinbad and the Sultan of Fire, Maggie and the Martians, Gobblers Gone Wild and more!
1. How long have you been working at High 5 Games?
I’ve been with the company for about 4 years now.
2. Please tell us what you do as a Mathematician for High 5 Games?
My main function is to come up with game features and ideas with my team, that we think our players will like and enjoy playing in a slot. Once we have an idea, we calculate all the odds and stats specific to that game to make sure the pays are correct and to make sure our players will like how often features will happen.
3. What process do you and your team have to go through to come up with the pay lines/math behind for a new slot game?
We often have meetings where we brainstorm ideas. In these meetings we talk about things we’ve done in the past and about how we can improve/alter them to make other interesting games. We also always try to think of new ideas that we think could be cool and that would excite our players. It’s all about coming up with features that our players would like.
4. What is your favorite part of working as a Mathematician for High 5 Games?
My favorite part about working as a mathematician is the freedom in creativity that I get in making the games.
5. High 5 Games recently launched High 5 Vegas, what is your favorite game so far?
It’s got be to Chicago the Musical. I like the fact that there are a lot of features and 2 bonus games. I also designed that game!
6. If you could be a High 5 Casino game character who would you like to be? Why?
I’d want to be Sinbad from Sinbad and the Sultan of Fire. I think it’d be cool to go on adventures and fight bad guys.
7. If you could go to lunch with a High 5 Casino character who would it be and why?
I’d want to go to lunch with the Empress from Empress of Time. It seems like she would be an interesting person to talk to and that she would have a lot of cool stories about her adventures.
8. As there are almost 200 games on High 5 Casino, how do you keep track of all the different paylines and ways to win?
We write computer programs to keep track of all the different pays, features, and stats.
9. What is your favorite game feature to work with when creating pay lines and ways to win?
My favorite game feature is free games. I really like that most games have them and that in the free games you always get some unique cool feature that could have huge payouts!
10. You’re stuck in an elevator, which High 5 Casino character do you call for help?
I’d call the rocket man from Rocket Man. He’d probably be able to get me out very quickly.
11. Who is your favorite famous mathematician and why?
It’s definitely Leonard Euler. He was one of the most prolific mathematicians of all time and made contributions to almost every field of mathematics.
12. What is your favorite type of math to work with?
My favorite branch of mathematicians is geometry. I really enjoy the visual aspects of the subject.
Which High 5 Games’ game has your favorite game feature? Comment in the conversation bubble located on the top right of the blog post to let us know!